Outdated software is one of the most common reasons websites break or get hacked. Having a regular maintenance plan in place helps improve your website’s security and stability by making sure your core, theme, and plugin files are regularly updated. It also allows me to get familiar with your website in advance so that if a problem does occur, we are prepared and can address it quickly.
Support plans include the following features:
- Weekly offsite backups (includes plugins, themes, media library files, and database)
- Quarterly core, theme, and plugin updates with testing afterward so we know right away if anything breaks during updates.
- Automatic minor version updates to WordPress core—these are usually security fixes and other backward-compatible changes that can be installed automatically.
- Annual site review of best practices, hosting PHP version, security, and functionality.
- Priority support response times
- Recovery from update errors: problems during updates are rare, but they do sometimes occur. Repair for any errors that occur would be quoted separately or performed at my normal hourly rate.
- Security: even with regular updates and security reviews, it is not possible to guarantee security or predict every way a hacker might gain entrance. Your site will be hardened against common attacks and malware. If help with recovery from intrusion/malware is ever needed, that would be quoted separately or performed at my hourly rate.